Oak Orchard Lighthouse at Point Breeze
Kayaking in Wyoming County
Drive Under the Erie Canal at the Culvert
Letchworth State Park, the Grand Canyon of the East
Orleans County (Lakes)
Orleans County offers memorable Great Lakes Adventures and Canaltown Culture to you and your family for either a day, an overnight or extended stay. Discover our:
• Waterways along the Seaway Trail & Erie Canalway Trail including 25 miles of Lake Ontario shoreline, tributaries such as the famous “Oak” and marinas that can accommodate over 400 boats;
• World Class Fishing at the 2013 Ultimate Fishing Town for trophy-sized salmon, trout and steelhead in Lake Ontario and our tributaries year-round;
• History & Culture highlighting our Cobblestone & Sandstone architecture, maritime history at a lighthouse as well as an impressive railroad and model train museum;
• Events such as outdoor summer concerts featuring popular local entertainment from June to August;
• Lodging choices including a variety of boutique hotels, waterfront cabins & cottages, motels and campgrounds;
• Farm Markets & Wineries to savor the freshest produce or taste award winning wines along the Niagara Wine Trail;
• Specialty Shopping for you to discover antique & vintage, creative & repurposed treasures;
• Dining options include Farm to Table Cuisine, Family Diners, Café’s, Taverns and authentic Ethnic foods.
Wyoming County (Letchworth)
Wyoming County offers you family-friendly experiences that will thrill adventurers of all ages. Make memories that will last a lifetime by enjoying one of our many exciting attractions:
• Letchworth State Park, the ‘Grand Canyon of the East’ – voted the #1 State Park in the USA and #1 Attraction in New York State!
• Outdoor adventures including white water rafting next to Letchworth State Park’s 600-foot-tall gorge walls or flying above Letchworth’s 100-foot-tall Middle Waterfall in a hot air balloon.
• Fun & Entertainment for you and your entire family on one of the only excursion trains in NYS or as you get up close and personal with wild animals as you feed zebras, bison and camels.
• Campgrounds ranging from rugged to state-of-the-art. Camp in style or completely immerse yourself in nature – one of our 14 campgrounds has exactly what you’re looking for.
• Golf at one of our nine courses, which includes stay & place packages that allow you to wake up right on the golf course. • Farm to Fork opportunities at our restaurants, farmers’ markets, roadside produce stands and food-tastic festivals.
• Craft beverages will scintillate your taste buds at one our three unique breweries; or enjoy our winery and ‘wine a little bit’ if that’s more your style.
• Artisan Events are integral to Wyoming County’s fabric – like the AppleUmpkin Arts Festival, or the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Festival, recently ranked the #17th best arts and crafts show in the USA by Sunshine Artist Magazine.
Connect With Us
Orleans County and Wyoming County are located approximately less than an hour apart, so we invite you to spend a day in each county and make us your next weekend or week-long vacation! Please don’t hesitate to give us a call should you have any questions on planning a visit to our counties.
Orleans County: (585) 589-3100
Wyoming County: (800) 839-3919
We are here to help you plan your next adventure and take the road less traveled from Lake Ontario to Letchworth!